My compulsive Etsy browsing habits have resulted in quite a few holiday gift guides this year. In fact, I’m feeling so festive I’ve put together an entire alphabets worth of gift guides! *Cue maniacal laughter. But seriously, there is so much goodness on Etsy, and as much as I disagree with the outrageous consumerism the holidays seem to trigger, I realize people are gonna buy shit around the holidays, and I’d much rather you spend your money with independent sellers and artists than have you throw it at big, evil corporations like WalMart and Target. So here, the first of my anti-corporation alphabet gift guides. A is for Artist: gifts for the friend forever smudged with charcoal and paint.
- As a perpetual hoarder of art supplies, I know that every artist is in dire need of storage for brushes and pens and god knows what else. This rustic wall mounted caddy made from reclaimed wood and jelly jars is a lovely alternative to the usual desktop clutter by Peg and Awl.
- Speaking of storage, wrangle a few of your favorite tools for when you’re on the road with this leather pencil case by Gift Shop Brooklyn. I love the slight gold shimmer it has.
- This organic, hand painted dashes tee by Jessalin Beutler will go beautifully with her paint smudged hands and the streak of charcoal on her forehead.
- Even the most talented of artists get depleted sometimes, rejuvenate and refresh with this pretty, organic peppermint soap from Caru Skincare Co. The scent of peppermint has been linked to raving levels of alertness and memory, and the pretty label will bring you further inspiration with it’s biodegradable seed paper, turning your trash into flowers!
- Challenge your friend to take her work off the page with this deluxe henna kit from Mehandi Mahal Henna.
- These beautiful handmade vintage cow leather cross-body bags by Rock Cow Studio are precisely the right size and shape for toting around your sketchbook and pens without looking like a crazy bag lady.
- Slip a set of these gorgeous eco friendly art deco sketchbooks from Nikki Cross Applesauce into her stocking and she’ll have something lovely in which to record her lovely ideas.