B is for Brother. Yeah, that kid. The one you spent most of your adolescence trying to either ignore or murder. Yup. Aren’t you glad you two have grown out of that? It’s much nicer on the other side, trust me. Realizing your siblings are your allies is sort of like a Homer Simpson “D’oh!” moment. You finally move out of your parents house and suddenly you come to this realization that all that time you wasted fighting with each other could have been better spent as a team. A unified front against the evils of Mom and Dad. Now that my little brother and I are friends, I always feel really compelled to find him an awesome Christmas present. That being said, we have completely opposing taste. He’s a backwoods snow bro living in Tahoe, while I’m the stereo typical vintage-loving hipster chick. Nevertheless, we have conflicting ideas about what is “cool”. So this gift guide is more a mash of things I think are cool than things my actual brother would think are cool. Except for maybe that recycled skateboard bench from Deckstool, Ty would totally be into that.
- Actually, my brother might be into these awesome vintage Ray Ban aviator sunglasses from Raybanicos, but who wouldn’t be?
- These cute mountain man handkerchiefs by Urban Bird and Co. are adorably Wes Anderson woodsman, dontchathink?
- Sorry, but this vintage southwestern jacket is dope. Actually, everything in Emmit Brown‘s Etsy shop is pretty dope. The man has taste.
- Take him back with some childhood mischief, like a hand crafted sling shot from Hella Slingshots. Get him this at your own risk, you never know when the truce will be broken.
- More 90’s nostalgia! I love the color palette and pattern on this awesome shirt from Big Brother Vintage.
- My brother is finally a man. He can grow facial hair that doesn’t make his face look it’s in the middle of shedding it’s winter coat. Now he needs to learn to take care of it, hopefully with this clever survival kit from Beard Buddy he can keep himself from looking too much like The Grizzly Man. Plus, it’s tested on beards, not animals.
Check out the rest of my picks for the brother you don’t call enough over here. Stay tuned for the rest of the alphabet!