Dads. We all have one. Or maybe a father figure. Anyways, theres someone in your life who represents the archetype of a dad, and he should probably get something cool for christmas too. My dad is sort of a manly man. I grew up going fishing and camping with him, and he and my brother are both hunters and generally rugged individuals. Needless to say, my prevailing girly nature frustrates him to no end. So this is my attempt at a mountain man themed gift guide, since my father is the epitome of one.
- This cool screen print “The Outdoorsman” by The Best Part is an 8-color homage to vintage camping gear that reminds me of Moonrise Kingdom and my dad.
- A handsome leather card sleeve is the perfect stocking stuffer for a dad with a day job.
- And it will go perfectly with this slim, classic leather briefcase by Red Clouds Collective.
- I’ve been wanting to scoop this book up for my dad for ages, since it’s right up his alley. Whole Larder Love: Grow Gather Hunt Cook is the print compendium of Australian food and lifestyle blogger Rohan Anderson‘s vast knowledge. His blog chronicles his mission to live sustainably off the land, growing, hunting, fishing, foraging and preserving in order to provide for himself and his family. The book is equal parts cook book and wilderness guide, with tips on how to set up a home garden, forage for edible food in the wild, and what gear and resources to utilize while pursuing a simpler, more connected lifestyle.
- This beautiful wood and brass fish serving platter would look perfect in my dads kitchen.
- Fig and Yarrow‘s bayleaf and balsamic vanilla aftershave comes gift-ready in a black box tied with twine, and the handsome amber glass bottle is made to be left casually on bathroom countertops.
- Keep that countertop from getting too cluttered with this rugged leather dopp kit which has a removable waterproof lining. Perfect for at home or while traveling.
- I have never seen my fathers face. He’s had a full beard since his early twenties and I have no idea what he looks like without it. This fir needle scented beard oil by the succinctly named Simply Great Beard Oil Company should keep those bristles fresh smelling and lustrous.
- How about some father daughter bonding? With the Brewery In A Box by Urban Brewery you two can get in some quality time together while brewing your own one gallon batch of beer. Yeah family bonding over alcohol!
- These repurposed vintage apothecary bottles make gorgeous, custom etched decanters for whatever your brand of liquid courage is.
- These gorgeous vintage brass stags head bookends would look stunning supporting a row of your dads favorite books.
- Gyotaku is the traditional Japanese method of printing fish that was originally intended as a way for fishermen to record their catch, but evolved into an art form of it’s own. This reproduction Gyotaku print of a striped bass would look beautiful framed in an office or minimal kitchen.
- These spiffy little storage devices are called Tool Dots and their simple, ingenious solution to the clutter of the garage or tool shed. The dots adhere to the wall with an adhesive backing and a super-strong magnet covered in a plastic bumper grabs your tools and keeps them in place, organizing and displaying simultaneously.
So, what are you getting your dad for the holdays? Check out the rest of my picks for pops over here, and stay tuned for the rest of the alphabet!