Oh, hey look! It’s me! I’m back! I finally purchased my new camera and it just arrived a few days ago. I am so entirely taken with this handsome piece of gadgetry. I scored this amazing Canon Rebel T3i kit with 3 lenses for about $900. I also sprang for a 3 year service contract, because I am accident prone. And yes, I bought it off QVC, because I am a 70 year old woman at heart and cannot resist a good deal. I’m still learning my way around it, but so far I love the quality and I’m having so much fun discovering and playing around with all the cool upgrades from my old camera (video! live view mode! a flip panel view finder!). These are a few of the first real photos I’ve taken with him. Yes, it’s a him. I havn’t settled on a name yet, but I’ll keep you updated.
And now for the weather.
Temperatures in SF have been pretty low this week. I went to work the other day and found myself actively resenting every single person who opened the door, as it allowed gusts of icy wind to whip through the restaurant. I-in all my infinite wisdom, had not worn a sweater. It’s been so cold we actually turned the heater on in our apartment…which is something we do not do, because we live in SF and can barely afford our rent, let alone our gas bill. My toes are numb. Which isn’t really that weird, since I possess perpetually frozen feet, but still. It’s cold. I am whining. People who live places with actual nasty weather can start telling me to suck it up now.
In response to the aforementioned numbingly cold conditions, I bought this scarf from Urban Outfitters while wandering aimlessly downtown yesterday after work. This scarf is magical. It is essentially the equivalent of wearing a blankie around my head and shoulders. And let me tell you something, with the current climate we are enduring, that is a whole mess of win. I find myself shivering violently on street corners and overhearing the same conversation, in which the participants recite the same dozen or so lines about how god forsaken cold out it is– accompanied with various expletives and exaggerated “Brrrrr!” noises–and I find myself thinking about how much nicer their lives would be if they only had a scarf as warm and toasty as mine. Believe me, invest in a cozy scarf. You will have no regrets. Except maybe that you had allowed your neck and chin region to go unclothed for so long. That is the only possible failing in this scenario.
In other news…
- I am remodeling my room. Again. Because this is something I am compelled to do every few months. It has resulted in a mass expulsion of furniture and clothing and now I am in the market for a new desk and desk chair.
- I’ve been on a bit of a movie-going kick the last few days. I went and saw Catching Fire with my dear friend Christine the other evening and it was fantastic, as expected. Then on Friday night I went and saw Blue Jasmine with my roommates. It was also very good but in a completely different way. It was cool to see the parts that were filmed in SF, but also kind of disappointing because it didn’t actually seem like there were that many. Excellent movie, anyways.
- I’ve never been a lipstick person. I’m much more a Chapstick kind of girl, but my roommate rocks some interesting shades and I’ve decided I’m finally at the age where I’m going to make lipstick a thing for me. I snagged this awesome shade of red from Sephora the other day (before the scarf. I need supervision while downtown with money in my pockets) it’s called Live it Up from the Bare Escentuals Marvelous Moxie lipstick line. I’ve been using Bare Escentuals since high school and didn’t even know they made lipstick. This stuff is fab tho, rich, creamy and long lasting. I ate a breakfast burrito with this shiz on, and even though it got all over my burrito, I still had plenty of pigment on my lips after the massacre. I don’t have enough experience with lipstick to know if thats good or bad though.
- I found this black velvet coat at Goodwill some time ago. I love it’s worn edges.
- These black Steve Madden Tiaraa Booties have been on my feet pretty much non-stop since I got them in the fall. I wear em to work or just kick around the city in. Their showing the love, but that’s what shoes are for, right?
- This sweater was a score at ross, and the red dress is a Converse for Target thift store score. I am also wearing both leggings and tights. Because it’s colder’n a ticket-taker’s smile at the Ivar Theater on a Saturday night (kudos if you get the reference.)
- There are drunk people singing outside my window and I think I just remembered where my electric blanket is stashed and I am suddenly so excited.