I mean, how could I not? Toro Y Moi’s infectious 60’s influenced sound on this track is good enough as it is, but when paired with poppy pastels and pretty much all my fav designers? This, my friends, is perfection. Featuring Anais (maybe has the best name ever) Pouliot and Marina Nery, i-D Magazine should be given a hug or something for putting together this alphabetical tour of the amazing autumn/winter designs we saw on the runway this year. F is definitely for Fabulous.
The holidays always make me a little bit homesick for Lake Tahoe. I’m from the California side (obvs.) and I spent the majority of my formative years in South Lake Tahoe. This Christmas marks my third year living in San Francisco and may well mark the first year I don’t make it home for the holiday. A part of me is ok with this. And another part of me is making indignant, whiney noises in the back of my mind, appalled at the very idea of it.
Whatever ends up happening, I wanted to put together a little assemblage of pieces that remind me of home. So, without further ado…a Tahoe themed gift guide.
- I feel like I’ve seen these cool wood-cut topographical maps of the Lake before, but their still very cool and remind me of going on school field trips to places like the Lake Tahoe Maritime Museum
- This Pendleton Canyonville Tote should hold everything a girl needs for an overnight in the mountains. Unless your me, in which case you need six of these.
- this darling vintage round paint-by-numbers landscape would have looked adorable in the little cabin my best friend and I shared for a year. It was a priceless 70’s Tahoe relic of a house, all 70’s shag carpet and knotty pine paneling. My weird, converted attic room had wall to wall lime green shag carpeting. I shit you not. Top it off with a yellow tiled kitchen and matching yellow stove. Yup, this baby woulda fit in just fine.
- a pretty blue and grey rug to snuggle up on in front of the fire while the snow swirls down outside.
- bring the mountains with you with these charming little snow-capped mountain top studs.
- I have expressed my newfound love for chunky-knit infinity scarves before, and now my lust for them cannot be slackened. Except perhaps by these pretty little numbers by Scarf Lovers on Etsy.
- A a few nips from this scenic mountain-scape flask on the bus ride up and I probably wont harm any screaming children. I might even share with them.
- This is probably what
the kids and I will be drinking.
- More snuggly goodness with this yummy grey eco-cotton hand knit sweater by Max Melody on Etsy.
- I owned the bomber-jacket equivalent of this awesome Carlisle Peak Anorak Jacket from Ruche when I was in high school and fucking adored it. Thus, all army green jackets with hoods will forever remind me of waiting for the bus in the snow with the extra-deep hood on this bad boy pulled up over my headphones.
What reminds you of home? Are you heading there for the holidays?
Even the smallest gifts can leave a big impression when presented properly. These beautiful gift wrapping options will add some pizzazz to your gift giving this year.
Check out the rest of my gift wrap picks, as well as the entire alphabet of consumerism over on my etsy treasuries or on my Gift Guide Pinterest Board. How are you presenting your gifts this holiday season?
We all know at least one. She may not be a “crazy cat lady” but her undying love for her feline companion is something to behold. If you follow her instagram, there are dozens of videos and pics of her cat doing things all cats do, all of them filmed/snapped with all the enthusiasm of a jubilant new parent documenting their child’s first steps.. She has lint rollers stashed in her car, her purse and by the front door of her house since nothing may enter her abode without becoming completely coated in cat hair. She would never date a man her cat didn’t like or who didn’t like her cat. She bases a lot of her friendships on this rule as well.
In the event that you are familiar with such a lady, and are willing to give her something else for her cat to coat in it’s fuzz, I’ve put together a little gift guide for those obsessed with felines. Enjoy!
Check out more of my Feline Fanatic picks over on my Etsy and my Pinterest Gift Guide Board.
Do I even need to explain? Bow down.