I mean, how could I not? Toro Y Moi’s infectious 60’s influenced sound on this track is good enough as it is, but when paired with poppy pastels and pretty much all my fav designers? This, my friends, is perfection. Featuring Anais (maybe has the best name ever) Pouliot and Marina Nery, i-D Magazine should be given a hug or something for putting together this alphabetical tour of the amazing autumn/winter designs we saw on the runway this year. F is definitely for Fabulous.
Do I even need to explain? Bow down.
Music is pretty universal. No matter who the person is, gifting them something to enjoy their favorite tunes through will make you a hit. I rounded up a few of the most attractive music listening devices I could find on the interwebz. Let’s rock.
- Go retro and introduce some vinyl into someones life with the Crosley Keepsake Deluxe USB Turntable. Plus, the keepsakes cool USB outlet allows your albums to be recorded in digital format so you can enjoy your records on the go.
- Or, for the more discerning audiophile, this beautiful, high quality and limited production turntable is called The Barky Turntable and it is lovingly custom built by the design geniuses over at Audiowood.
- This cool Bluboom Blueooth Portable Speaker by Triple C Designs is made of beautiful, natural walnut and has a rechargeable lithium battery lifespan of up to 7 hours of stylish playtime.
- This beautiful Upcycled Mid Century Modern Speaker has been retrofitted with bluetooth capabilities so you can still enjoy the joys of Rdio and Spotify without having to leave your phone sitting on top of the stereo.
- Similarly, Tombox is a project by German design firm Diefabrik that restores discarded, quality speakers and adapts them for use with modern technology.
- And in other recycled objects, these cute portable amps built into mint tins is absolutely adorable.
- These LSTN Cherry Wood Troubadour Headphones are so pretty that I literally let out a little coo of contentment when I saw them for the first time. Each pair is individually handcrafted out of reclaimed cherry wood, and for ever pair sold, LSTN helps restore the hearing of a person in need through the Starky Hearing Foundation.
- These gorgeous I-MEGO Throne Headphones in Gold are so luxe, with gold detailing and plush leather, there’s memory foam in their ear-pads, for chrissake. The acoustic engineering on this particular set is geared toward the big bass of rock, R&B and hip hop. I imagine Biggie and Black Sabbath sound equally amazing through them.
- For a subtler dose of opulence, The Monitor Headphones by legendary amp makers, Marshall, are made of black vinyle leather with brass accents, evoking the spirit of the companies rock and roll history, while providing high quality sound and comfort.
- These quirky DVF♥HVN Cat Headphones were created as a collaboration between NYC DJ Harley Viera-Newton and stylish cat lover, Diane Von Furstenberg (the adorable cat on the ear piece is inspired by Ms. Von Furstenburg’s beloved kitty, Marmite). The set even comes with a matching mini-mp3 player that can hold up to 70 minutes of music.
- This slick IDEA Card Speaker is so slick and glam, like a slim gold bar that sings to you.
- Yeah, that pretty black headband she has on? Thats a set of headphones. The Molami Twine Headphones are made of a soft, flexible headpiece that wraps around your head, looking for all the world like a lovely silk head wrap. Molami also makes a bunch of other very chic headphones and their function meets fashion ideal has resulted in some gorgeous work.
some of the things that have been spinning on my Rdio account. You should probably check it out.